Protecting your privacy and maintaining data security are our primary concern.
Instead of a complex legal explanation, we have set out our policy in our own words:
- Mailbook offers a free service where users can create an address book ("Mailbook") where friends, family and acquaintances ("Friends") can be invited to submit their address details. The owner of a Mailbook can view, store, and export submitted addresses.
- Mailbook never shares the address data of its users with third parties.
- Address data submitted to Mailbook are stored in our database. The personal data submitted can only be viewed and further processed by the Mailbook account owner.
- The Mailbook developers can view submitted address data for technical purposes. Only when strictly necessary.
- After submitting address data you will receive an e-mail from Mailbook with the address data submitted and the option to edit or delete them.
- Mailbook has invested to protect the data of our users. We use a so-called Content-Security-Policy against XSS, mandatory HTTPS connection to prevent connection interception, and we encrypt addresses before we store them in our database.
- When you create your own Mailbook account we store the information you submit in our database. We create a public page for each user under the name, e-mail and title you specify, where Friends can add their address. The address data will then be saved in your Mailbook. After registration you will receive a welcome e-mail to your e-mail address with the link of your personal page.
- If you choose to receive notifications when adding new addresses, you will also receive e-mails in the frequency you specify.
- If you send the link from your personal page to your contacts and invite them to submit their address data, they will see your name and e-mail address at the bottom of this page.
- Do you want to stop Mailbook? If you are signed in, you can delete your Mailbook in your menu via "Settings". We then delete your Mailbook, your data, the link to your personal page, and all address data of your contacts.
- When you visit Mailbook with your browser (on desktop or mobile) we store the following: your IP, from which page you come from (Referral), the properties of your browser and which Mailbook pages you visit. If you are logged in, we also save your "user id".
- To improve our product we use Google Analytics to track the number of visitors and the way they use Mailbook. For this the following tracking cookies are placed: _ga, _gat, __ut[...].
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.