How to avoid Mail Merge?
Mail merge can be a time-consuming and frustrating task, especially given the various complex technical steps that it involves. So how to avoid this outdated functionality with something easier and better?
What is mail merge?
Mail merge is a feature that is commonly used in word processing software, such as Microsoft Word or Google Docs. It allows you to create personalized documents by merging a set of data, such as names and addresses, with a template. For example, you can use mail merge to create a set of address labels for a mailing list.
How to resolve issues with mail merge?
While mail merge can be a useful feature, it can also be prone to issues, such as formatting errors and incorrect data. Here are some common issues that may arise during the mail merge process and how to resolve them:
- Address doesn't fit within the label: If your address overflows the label, important postal details could be hidden. With Mail merge you can adjust the data by applying abbreviations so it does fit. With Mailbook you address details automaticly fit any label size.
- Merge fields differ per country In the US we use «State» «ZIP Code», while in Europe «Postalcode», «City» is the default. You can only use one fields template with mail merge. With Mailbook the addresses are automaticly formatted depending on the postal country.
- Printing doesn't match the label dimensions: If your labels are not printed correctly check that your label template matches the type of label you selected in the mail merge wizard. Make sure you print at 100% and don't scale the document. With Mailbook you can have the address labels printed and shipped to your home to avoid printing all together.
- Incorrect data: If your labels are printing with incorrect data, check that your spreadsheet is formatted correctly and that the merge fields in your label template match the column headers in your spreadsheet. With Mailbook you don't have to deal with data because the labels are generated as official address labels you.
- Label styling: You can only set the correct spacing, styling, outlining and formatting of the whole sheet of labels. With Mailbook the styling is adjusted to automaticly fit the address within a single labels.
Mail Merge alternatives
If you're tired of the hassles of mail merge, give Mailbook a try. Mailbook was born out of frustration of the limitations of mail merge. We know the pain and worked hard to build a solution. With Mailbook, you can create labels quickly and easily, without the frustration of merging Excel with Word. Mailbook does the heavy lifting for you to create address labels in the format of your label sheets.